How To Stay Focused
An Inside Look at Little Known Secrets to
Stay Focused & Get Things Done
So you want to learn how to stay focused and avoid distractions?
One of the keys to attaining your goals in life is to stay focused on the most important ones. Effective human development and growth is also determined by the extent to which you are focused in your everyday life. However, due to challenges and other hindrances it is not always easy to stay focused at all times.
Here are 5 tips that can help you to stay focused even in such situations.
1. Do away with all unnecessary distractions
Great sources of stagnation are those things that you do in your life that don’t have any significant purpose other than to distract you. If you want to stay focused on reaching your dreams, you must recognize those things that serve as distractions.
Remove stuff that doesn’t have any meaning, or that takes away your focus from your goals. No matter how difficult it is, you will realize that eliminating them in your life is worthwhile in the end.
2. Write a journal
Keeping a journal can be of great benefit. It is advisable to write down your goals and the progress made towards attaining those goals. Write even about small progress in how to focus that might seem trivial and irrelevant, because in a broader perspective, every little bit contributes greatly towards success.
Knowing that you are making great progress gives you the motivation needed to stay focused on hitting your targets. It is also a good idea to take note of areas in which you are not doing well, in order to develop strategies to improve.
3. Develop new habits
When you want to eliminate a habit that keeps you from being able to stay focused, the best way is to try to form new habits that replace them. However it this might take some time, so don’t get frustrated if you do not get instant results.
Integrating a new habit is a gradual process. With time, if you remain focused towards the change you will get positive results. You can even set up something to remind you of your new habit.
For example, if your proposed new plan is to visit a gym to lose weight instead of staying at home and watching movies, make a notation in your calendar every time you attend the gym, and the exact time you spent on exercising. The visual feedback provided by looking at your performance serves as an incentive to make changes. Within a short time you will integrate the new habit into your life.
4. Take breaks
It is always important to take a break from the drudgery and routine of your daily chores. Taking time off helps refresh the mind and energizes your whole body. You can take a break by going for a hike or camping out. Going out into nature, visiting a place or doing things that you enjoy will act as a good way to relax your mind and rejuvenate you. This helps bring new insights and focus into everything else you do.
5. Develop deeper relationships with people having similar goals
Developing good relationships with people whom you share ambitions and dreams with can help you attain your goals. You can share your progress and challenges, receive support and encouragement, and open the door for positive discussions that can help you stay focused regardless of the challenges you might be facing in your journey.
You might also be interested in these reports:
- How To Be Focused – All The Time
- How To Stay Focused – & Get Things Done
- Mental Focus – The Secret To Success
- How To Stay Focused At Work
- How To Stay Motivated – Until You Win
Have You Read ‘Knife At A Gunfight’ Yet?
I’m enjoying improved focus and concentration, achieving far more than before – all through putting this powerful system to work. You can do it too.
If you want better concentration, this book will transform your life and make you more productive.
After reading ‘Knife At A Gunfight’, you’ll enjoy:
- lesser stress and frustration
- fewer distractions and interruptions
- greater achievement and accomplishment
- higher profitability and better results
- deeper satisfaction and greater fulfilment
How To Stay Focused
8 Useful Tips on How to Stay Focused on Your Work
Whether you work at home or outside, staying focused can be a big problem. There are numerous distractions in every direction. If you work on a computer, there are so many temptations that seduce you into going off-task. Everybody gets bored from time to time in their job, no matter how much they enjoy it on the whole.
So how to stay focused? Well, there are some tricks that can help you stay more alert at work. Let’s take a look at some of them.
- Know your outcome
Whenever you feel you are faltering, you should challenge yourself. Ask yourself, “What you are doing”. Most of us forget the bigger picture, especially when we do not see any progress. So the best tip on how to stay focused is by visualizing yourself as achieving your goals. It will also keep you motivated.
- Make a list
A good way to stay focused is by making a list of things you’d do at the start of the day. This will help you in keeping track of all your tasks and will also remind you that spending too much time on other things will keep you from finishing all tasks on your list. In fact, you should also update your list as the day goes by. Aside from adding new tasks, you can cross off the ones that have been completed. This way, you will remain on top of your work.
- Keep few drinks at your workspace
The most common distraction when you should actually be working is by going for a snack or coffee break. So keep a flask of coffee or bottle of water on your desk, because you can easily avoid temptation to get up from your desk when you should actually be working. Sometimes you can use snack and coffee breaks to your advantage by freshening up and improving your focus on the remaining tasks.
- First, tackle what you don’t want to do
One of the best tips on how to stay focused is to complete whatever you dislike… first! Don’t procrastinate. Just do it. In fact, you will feel much better and more motivated to complete other tasks once you’ve done the difficult or uncomfortable work.
- Wake up two hours before your first task
Another way to stay focused is to streamline your morning routine. If you have an appointment at 9, wake up at 7. Stretch for few minutes and do some light exercise for another 15 minutes. Take a shower and have a nutritious breakfast. Now you still have an hour to do other things before your day begins.
- Take regular breaks
Waiting for the best tip on how to stay focused? Here it is. Take few minutes’ break after every hour of work. Yes, it’s really that simple – but wildly effective. During those breaks, you should avoid doing anything strenuous. You can calmly close your eyes and sit down for few minutes. You can even go to the toilet, if you need to. Or just stare out of the window. Try it, and you’ll notice a transformational impact.
- Keep the noise out
Keep your work environment calm, and avoid doing too many things at the same time. For instance, even if you love social media, avoid checking your accounts every few minutes. Instead try to schedule some time to log into Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. and stick to those limits.
- Time yourself
If everything else fails, you should strictly allocate a certain amount of time to get a task done and then get it done within that time frame. For instance, if you’ve allocated 30 minutes to complete a report, you should finish it up within that half hour. One you learn few tips on how to stay focused, you will find that you’ve become more productive, cheerful and energetic than before.
Get more information about how to stay focused here
How To Stay Focused At Work
How To Stay Focused At Work With These 12 Easy Tips
So you’re at your desk, working on an important project, when the phone rings. You answer. A colleague walks up to ask for something. You respond. Your eye catches a post-it note reminder to email a friend. You send it. A box pops up indicating a new tweet on your stream. You pop over to Twitter.
After aimlessly wandering about the hazy realms of cyberworld for an unspecified length of time, you return back to ‘ground zero’ only to discover you’re no closer to getting the job done – and are running dangerously close to missing your deadline.
You are not alone. The average worker spends 15 minutes concentrating on the task on hand – when he is lucky! It’s worse for men, who are hard-wired to be more attention-deficit than their female counterparts.
And younger generations are finding it tough to retain more than a few moments of attention amidst the clamour and urge of social media and text messaging.
So what can you do? How to stay focused at work amidst all these distractions and temptations?
We asked a few workers how to stay focused at work and they gave us remarkably similar answers. Those are distilled here into 12 easy-to-follow tips for your convenience.
1. Find out why you lose focus. Knowing whether you are hungry, irritable, tired or addicted to social media when you get distracted is the first step to solving the problem.
2. Prepare to face you day. Planning is a good exercise to keep you on focus. Having a written list to work your way down is helpful.
3. Eat. Well. You cannot concentrate on work when your tummy is grumbling for food. A hearty breakfast can do wonders for your focus.
4. Practice meditation. It trains you to focus on things. With some practice, you’ll get admiring co-workers asking you how to stay focused at work – and you can tell them your secret!
5. Get off the grid. Not really. But off the virtual grid, life gets a lot less distracting. So turn off that cellphone, log off the Internet, and close the doors of your office room – to focus your attention on the work at hand.
6. Start small. Bigger projects that take a long time tend to lose your interest. Set milestones, get one component done, make it easy to accomplish. That’s how to stay focused at work.
7. Work in time blocks. Don’t just keep going until the task is done. It might lead to one thing taking over your work day and missing out on others. Instead, set time limits – and schedule breaks after they are over.
8. Keep your work area neat. Being organized and clearing up your desk of clutter does wonders for productivity and efficiency.
9. Harness technology. There are software tools and apps to keep you focused. For instance, Rescue Time logs how long you hang around on social media. Some apps close down a window after a pre-set interval.
10. Give yourself a prize. Something small but nice will do. It’s meant to reward you for being focused.
11. Take frequent breaks. It re-sets your attention clock and improves efficiency. Working in short bursts lets you get more done. That’s another secret of how to stay focused at work.
12. Tune out noise. Wearing headphones, ear plugs or noise-cancelling devices can create the illusion of working in a quiet room, even if your office area is noisy.
By following these simple tips, you won’t ever have to ask how to stay focused at work. In fact, others will marvel at your ability to do it!
If you want to learn how to stay focused on your work, this book will transform your life and make you more productive… in 5 easy steps!
More about how to stay focused: